Wednesday, July 4, 2012

All Things American

Happy Fourth of July!

I had the day off so I slept in, cuddled with Ruby, and then I headed to Whole Foods with J.  There we bought steaks (rated 4 on their Animal Welfare Rating System), corn on the cob, potatoes, apple cobbler, and ice cream.  I sneaked a piece of apple cobbler in before dinner, but it didn't ruin my appetite.  J grilled the potatoes, the corn, and the steaks.  It was so nice to have fresh, grilled corn.  After we digested for a bit, we had Sprecher Root Beer floats.  We had bought the Sprecher at the Greenleaf Cheese store in Sarasota when we went to visit Lily last weekend.  It is so wonderful to have little bits of home here in Miami, and there is nothing like Sprecher Root Beer.  (The owner of the shop said he would try to get me Cream Soda for when we go back in August/September!)

While J watched his Brewers, I worked on a batch of magnets to sell on Etsy.  I found some neat supplies at Hobby Lobby in Fort Meyers (again, a stop on the trip to see Lily) that I wanted to try out.  I tried Modge Podge and Modge Podge Dimensional Magic for the first time.  So far I think it is pretty cool, but the only major problem is that the smell (combined with the smell of E6000 glue).   It gives me headaches.  When I make the polished magnets I get headaches too, so it is best for me to work in batches every other month or so.  At least I got things done on my day off!

Tomorrow it is back to the grindstone.  But before then we are going to take Ruby to the dog park and bike to the fireworks.  I love fireworks, but I hate crowds, so I hope that we have a good time and it isn't too packed.  We didn't get to go last year.  Today it was all about America: baseball, apple cobbler, root beer floats, grilled food, making stuff with your hands, and fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment