Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lifelong Learning

Right now, I am the busiest I have ever been while living in Miami.  It is exciting, slightly overwhelming, and encouraging.  I have challenged myself to write more on this blog, and I have.  I have also been poking around on my Blogspot account to see what my reader statistics are.  Did you know there is someone in Russia who came to my page?  And Sweden and Germany?  Crazy!  I don't know if these are spammers or flukes, but it is still interesting to think about.  I am still a teeny, tiny blog in this vast blogosphere, but I'm trying my best to grow and learn each day.

I've mentioned the writing class that I am taking online and the literature one as well.  I have been keeping up with the writing one, but I have serious work to do for the literature one.  At least J is taking the second with me, so he will keep me motivated.  Tonight I also took a social media class at Fairchild and I came away feeling like I can build my "brand" or internet presence (Etsy, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, blogs, etc...).  I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I think that one day I could get my writing out there on a well-read blog.  Or sell handmade gifts to people across the globe.  I'm not sure what path I'm headed down, but for right now I am going to go with the flow and keep learning as much as I can.

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” ~ Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment